Learning and Teaching
We believe that all students should be exposed to excellent teaching and have access to resources and skills that enhance the learning process. All students are taught at their point of need.
All students learning styles and passions are included in their learning program. Students are active and enthusiastic participants in their learning program.
Our teaching approach:
- Is underpinned by the expectation that all students will succeed and ensures the best progress of all learners across the range of development (intellectual, moral, social, physical and emotional).
- Enables students to develop deeper understandings about the world and how it works.
- Builds capacity for lifelong learning and is relevant and purposeful.
- Ensures a personalised response to the learning needs of each student.
- Engages learners in creating new knowledge and understanding by thinking and working creatively.
- Is about exploring and experimenting, planning and reflecting and communicating and collaborating.
- Builds relationships within and beyond the classroom to create learning opportunities in diverse environments.
- Involves the appropriate and ethical use of contemporary technologies and resources that enable and facilitate learning.